Capabilities & Services
Capabilities & Services
TNDC provides Heavy Construction and Camp Services for the resource exploration, mine development and operations, building construction, forestry, hydroelectric power, civil projects, highways, other infrastructure and public works sectors.
TNDC's primary business units are Heavy Construction & Earthmoving and Camp Services and Management. TNDC also provides labour, logistics, expediting, personnel shuttle, ground transportation, heavy equipment hauling and support operations in administration and accounting.
- TNDC has extensive and varied heavy construction capabilities through our fleet of excavators, rock trucks and other equipment (see the attached list).
- Heavy construction capabilities include:
- Major excavation
- Earthworks (topsoil removal, site works, etc.)
- Tailings dam construction
- Rock hauling
- Access roads – construction and maintenance
- Mine haul roads – construction and maintenance
- Transmission line construction
- Complete heavy equipment maintenance facilities at TNDC’s corporate office complex in Dease Lake.
Camp Services & Site Facilities
- Camps for pre-construction, construction and mine operations:
- Long-term and all-season camp facilities and structures (via TNDC’s partner Horizon North)
- Full camp catering & food services, housekeeping and facilities maintenance (either directly by TNDC-owned Spatsizi Remote Services (SRS) or via SRS-Sodexo Partnership)
- EMR Paramedics, First Aid, Health & Wellness (via TNDC partners)
- Septic field installation and maintenance
- Small waste water management by certified personnel
- Waste management and collection
- Shuttles (vehicles + drivers)
- Building construction (via partnerships)
- Communications – high speed broadband fibre optic internet/data service
- Labourers – General
- Skilled heavy equipment operators
- Camp service personnel (via TNDC’s company Spatsizi Remote Services, SRS):
- Cooks (Read Seal Certified)
- Other camp operations personnel
- Mechanics – heavy duty journeymen
- Mechanic – light vehicle
- Shuttle Drivers (Class 4)
- EMR Paramedics (via TNDC partners)
We worked with TNDC on the Galore Creek mining project and the Northwest Transmission Line, providing heavy lift helicopter services. It made good business sense to get involved with the Nation, so we formed Tahltan Helifor Joint Venture in 2011. After meeting Bill Adsit, I knew we had made the right decision. We have had only positive experiences and look forward to continued collaboration.Gary LaidlawPresident & General Manager, Helifor Canada Corp.
Sodexo Canada has been a partner with TNDC since 2002, providing complete camp management through Spatsizi Remote Services. During this time we have worked on many projects, and employed many Tahltan members. It’s been very positive, and the business relationships have formed long lasting personal and business friendships.Ivor MacGregorVice President, Operations, Sodexo Canada Ltd.
We established the Tahltan Macro Industries Joint Venture with TNDC in 2009. Macro is very satisfied with the relationship we have with TNDC. The company has a reputation of being a solid and reputable business corporation, that emphasizes value added partnerships and business developments. We look forward to working with TNDC in future opportunities.Darcy FriesenManager of Business Development & Special Projects, Macro Industries
We formed our Tahltan Aeronigma Geodis Wilson partnership in 2011. It’s been an honour to partner with TNDC for the opportunity to provide our wide-range of global logistical services and be a part of a world class organization built on mutual cooperation, trust and respect. They’re a terrific group of educated, business friendly people eager to learn and work with us.Adam J. WicksteadPresident, Aeronigma Solutions Inc.
TNDC is a great place to work. The atmosphere in the office is friendly, open, and honest, and there is always humour and laughter. I like that TNDC maintains an active approach of hiring locally and offers training within that position. Employees are highly encouraged and supported to advance professionally, which ripples into advancing personally as well.Rhonda QuockFinance & Administration Manager, TNDC