Capabilities & Services
Capabilities & Services
TNDC provides Heavy Construction and Camp Services for the resource exploration, mine development and operations, building construction, forestry, hydroelectric power, civil projects, highways, other infrastructure and public works.
TNDC's primary business units are Heavy Construction & Earthmoving and Camp Services and Management. TNDC also provides labour, logistics, expediting, personnel shuttle, ground transportation, heavy equipment hauling and support operations in administration and accounting.
- TNDC has extensive and varied heavy construction capabilities through our fleet of excavators, rock trucks and other equipment (see the attached list).
- Heavy construction capabilities include:
- Major excavation
- Earthworks (topsoil removal, site works, etc.)
- Tailings dam construction
- Rock hauling
- Access roads – construction and maintenance
- Mine haul roads – construction and maintenance
- Transmission line construction
- Complete heavy equipment maintenance facilities at TNDC’s corporate office complex in Dease Lake.
Camp Services & Site Facilities
- Camps for pre-construction, construction and mine operations:
- Long-term and all-season camp facilities and structures (via TNDC’s partner Horizon North)
- Full camp catering & food services, housekeeping and facilities maintenance (either directly by TNDC-owned Spatsizi Remote Services (SRS) or via SRS-Sodexo Partnership)
- EMR Paramedics, First Aid, Health & Wellness (via TNDC partners)
- Septic field installation and maintenance
- Small waste water management by certified personnel
- Waste management and collection
- Shuttles (vehicles + drivers)
- Building construction (via partnerships)
- Communications – high speed broadband fibre optic internet/data service
- Labourers – General
- Skilled heavy equipment operators
- Camp service personnel (via TNDC’s company Spatsizi Remote Services, SRS):
- Cooks (Read Seal Certified)
- Other camp operations personnel
- Mechanics – heavy duty journeymen
- Mechanic – light vehicle
- Shuttle Drivers (Class 4)
- EMR Paramedics (via TNDC partners)
Sodexo Canada has been a partner with TNDC since 2002, providing complete camp management through Spatsizi Remote Services. During this time we have worked on many projects, and employed many Tahltan members. It’s been very positive, and the business relationships have formed long lasting personal and business friendships.Ivor MacGregorVice President, Operations, Sodexo Canada Ltd.
We worked with TNDC on the Galore Creek mining project and the Northwest Transmission Line, providing heavy lift helicopter services. It made good business sense to get involved with the Nation, so we formed Tahltan Helifor Joint Venture in 2011. After meeting Bill Adsit, I knew we had made the right decision. We have had only positive experiences and look forward to continued collaboration.Gary LaidlawPresident & General Manager, Helifor Canada Corp.
We’ve had many projects in Tahltan territory through our Rescan Tahltan Environmental Consultants (RTEC) partnership, and the experience has been excellent. TNDC’s management team has been an honorable and knowledgeable group to work with. They always look at ways to make things work, and we have developed lasting friendships. It’s been an honour to work together.Clem Pelletierformer CEO, Rescan Group
Ledcor recognized the benefits offered through the Tahltan’s local expertise and experience, and welcomed the opportunity to involve community members in projects. We established Tahltan-Ledcor Joint Venture back in 1991 when we managed construction on the Eskay Creek mine. We value the partnership with TNDC and look forward to the opportunities ahead within Tahltan traditional territory.Rodger McLeanPast Business Development & Aboriginal Relations Manager, Ledcor
We established the Tahltan Macro Industries Joint Venture with TNDC in 2009. Macro is very satisfied with the relationship we have with TNDC. The company has a reputation of being a solid and reputable business corporation, that emphasizes value added partnerships and business developments. We look forward to working with TNDC in future opportunities.Darcy FriesenManager of Business Development & Special Projects, Macro Industries
TNDC is a great place to work. The atmosphere in the office is friendly, open, and honest, and there is always humour and laughter. I like that TNDC maintains an active approach of hiring locally and offers training within that position. Employees are highly encouraged and supported to advance professionally, which ripples into advancing personally as well.Rhonda QuockFinance & Administration Manager, TNDC