TNDC Charter of Ethics
TNDC will deliver on its mandate and work towards its vision by ensuring that its operations adhere to the following principles:
- Follow the 1910 Tahltan Declaration and Tahltan Resource Development Policy.
- Maintain and monitor progress towards a high standard of ethically, economically, environmentally and socially responsible business practices.
- Undertake business development opportunities that will improve the corporation’s long-term financial and operational stability.
- Maximize business development and employment opportunities that support Tahltan members, businesses and community economic development goals.
- Build trust with Tahltan members and organizations by maintaining regular communication to help them feel engaged, informed and empowered in TNDC’s operations and decisions.
- Respect other First Nation’s rights and authorities within the corporation’s business relationships outside the territory.
- Maintain positive, respectful and trusted professional relationships with all external partners.
TNDC will also encourage and establish measures to ensure that all of its business partners follow these principles.
We worked with TNDC on the Galore Creek mining project and the Northwest Transmission Line, providing heavy lift helicopter services. It made good business sense to get involved with the Nation, so we formed Tahltan Helifor Joint Venture in 2011. After meeting Bill Adsit, I knew we had made the right decision. We have had only positive experiences and look forward to continued collaboration.Gary LaidlawPresident & General Manager, Helifor Canada Corp.
TNDC is successful because of the dedicated staff and skilled workers. The support of the Tahltan leaders and the TNDC board is crucial to the success of the company. Being President of TNDC has been the most rewarding job in my career. I look forward to my continuing involvement with all of the staff.Bill AdsitPast President, TNDC
I’ve worked in several areas during my 11+ years with TNDC, and it’s been a great company to work for. It is well run, well respected, and has played a vital role in the growth and stability of the Nation. It’s a great source of pride and resource for the Tahltan people, and I’m proud to be a part of it.Carol DanielsonAccounts Manager, TNDC
We’ve completed a number of projects though our FrontierMEDEX Tahltan Ltd. partnership since we became a partner back in 2007. It’s been extremely positive. TNDC has been terrific to work with and we’re looking forward to continuing to build the business partnership.Ryan SteilPast General Manger, Canada, FrontierMEDEX Canada Ltd.
We formed our Tahltan Aeronigma Geodis Wilson partnership in 2011. It’s been an honour to partner with TNDC for the opportunity to provide our wide-range of global logistical services and be a part of a world class organization built on mutual cooperation, trust and respect. They’re a terrific group of educated, business friendly people eager to learn and work with us.Adam J. WicksteadPresident, Aeronigma Solutions Inc.
We established the Tahltan Macro Industries Joint Venture with TNDC in 2009. Macro is very satisfied with the relationship we have with TNDC. The company has a reputation of being a solid and reputable business corporation, that emphasizes value added partnerships and business developments. We look forward to working with TNDC in future opportunities.Darcy FriesenManager of Business Development & Special Projects, Macro Industries