TNDC Charter of Ethics
TNDC will deliver on its mandate and work towards its vision by ensuring that its operations adhere to the following principles:
- Follow the 1910 Tahltan Declaration and Tahltan Resource Development Policy.
- Maintain and monitor progress towards a high standard of ethically, economically, environmentally and socially responsible business practices.
- Undertake business development opportunities that will improve the corporation’s long-term financial and operational stability.
- Maximize business development and employment opportunities that support Tahltan members, businesses and community economic development goals.
- Build trust with Tahltan members and organizations by maintaining regular communication to help them feel engaged, informed and empowered in TNDC’s operations and decisions.
- Respect other First Nation’s rights and authorities within the corporation’s business relationships outside the territory.
- Maintain positive, respectful and trusted professional relationships with all external partners.
TNDC will also encourage and establish measures to ensure that all of its business partners follow these principles.
We’ve had many projects in Tahltan territory through our Rescan Tahltan Environmental Consultants (RTEC) partnership, and the experience has been excellent. TNDC’s management team has been an honorable and knowledgeable group to work with. They always look at ways to make things work, and we have developed lasting friendships. It’s been an honour to work together.Clem Pelletierformer CEO, Rescan Group
We formed our Tahltan Aeronigma Geodis Wilson partnership in 2011. It’s been an honour to partner with TNDC for the opportunity to provide our wide-range of global logistical services and be a part of a world class organization built on mutual cooperation, trust and respect. They’re a terrific group of educated, business friendly people eager to learn and work with us.Adam J. WicksteadPresident, Aeronigma Solutions Inc.
We’ve completed a number of projects though our FrontierMEDEX Tahltan Ltd. partnership since we became a partner back in 2007. It’s been extremely positive. TNDC has been terrific to work with and we’re looking forward to continuing to build the business partnership.Ryan SteilPast General Manger, Canada, FrontierMEDEX Canada Ltd.
Sodexo Canada has been a partner with TNDC since 2002, providing complete camp management through Spatsizi Remote Services. During this time we have worked on many projects, and employed many Tahltan members. It’s been very positive, and the business relationships have formed long lasting personal and business friendships.Ivor MacGregorVice President, Operations, Sodexo Canada Ltd.
TNDC is a great place to work. The atmosphere in the office is friendly, open, and honest, and there is always humour and laughter. I like that TNDC maintains an active approach of hiring locally and offers training within that position. Employees are highly encouraged and supported to advance professionally, which ripples into advancing personally as well.Rhonda QuockOffice Manager, TNDC
Ledcor recognized the benefits offered through the Tahltan’s local expertise and experience, and welcomed the opportunity to involve community members in projects. We established Tahltan-Ledcor Joint Venture back in 1991 when we managed construction on the Eskay Creek mine. We value the partnership with TNDC and look forward to the opportunities ahead within Tahltan traditional territory.Rodger McLeanPast Business Development & Aboriginal Relations Manager, Ledcor