Capabilities & Services
TNDC provides a full suite of specialized contracting services for building and facilities construction, road construction and maintenance, civil, forestry, resource, mine and industrial development, and mining across industry sectors.
- TNDC has extensive various heavy construction capabilities through our fleet of excavators, rock trucks and other equipment (see the attached list).
- Heavy construction capabilities include:
- Major excavation
- Earthworks (topsoil removal, site works, etc.)
- Tailings dam construction
- Rock hauling
- Access roads – construction and maintenance
- Mine haul roads – construction and maintenance
- Transmission line construction
- Complete heavy equipment maintenance facilities at TNDC’s corporate office complex in Dease Lake.
Camp Services & Site Facilities
- Camps for pre-construction, construction and mine operations:
- Long-term and all-season camp facilities and structures (via TNDC’s partner Horizon North)
- Full camp catering & food services, housekeeping and facilities maintenance (either directly by TNDC-owned Spatsizi Remote Services (SRS) or via SRS-Sodexo Partnership)
- EMR Paramedics, First Aid, Health & Wellness (via TNDC’s partner UnitedHealthcare Global)
- Septic field installation and maintenance
- Small waste water management by certified personnel
- Waste management and collection
- Shuttles (vehicles + drivers)
- Building construction (via partnerships)
- Communications – high speed broadband fibre optic internet/data service
- Labourers – General
- Skilled heavy equipment operators
- Camp service personnel (via TNDC’s company Spatsizi Remote Services, SRS):
- Cooks (Read Seal Certified)
- Other camp operations personnel
- Mechanics – heavy duty journeymen
- Mechanic – light vehicle
- Shuttle Drivers (Class 4)
- EMR Paramedics (via TNDC’s partner UnitedHealthcare Global)
Ledcor recognized the benefits offered through the Tahltan’s local expertise and experience, and welcomed the opportunity to involve community members in projects. We established Tahltan-Ledcor Joint Venture back in 1991 when we managed construction on the Eskay Creek mine. We value the partnership with TNDC and look forward to the opportunities ahead within Tahltan traditional territory.Rodger McLeanPast Business Development & Aboriginal Relations Manager, Ledcor
We established the Tahltan Macro Industries Joint Venture with TNDC in 2009. Macro is very satisfied with the relationship we have with TNDC. The company has a reputation of being a solid and reputable business corporation, that emphasizes value added partnerships and business developments. We look forward to working with TNDC in future opportunities.Darcy FriesenManager of Business Development & Special Projects, Macro Industries
We’ve had many projects in Tahltan territory through our Rescan Tahltan Environmental Consultants (RTEC) partnership, and the experience has been excellent. TNDC’s management team has been an honorable and knowledgeable group to work with. They always look at ways to make things work, and we have developed lasting friendships. It’s been an honour to work together.Clem Pelletierformer CEO, Rescan Group
I’ve worked in several areas during my 11+ years with TNDC, and it’s been a great company to work for. It is well run, well respected, and has played a vital role in the growth and stability of the Nation. It’s a great source of pride and resource for the Tahltan people, and I’m proud to be a part of it.Carol DanielsonAccounts Manager, TNDC
Sodexo Canada has been a partner with TNDC since 2002, providing complete camp management through Spatsizi Remote Services. During this time we have worked on many projects, and employed many Tahltan members. It’s been very positive, and the business relationships have formed long lasting personal and business friendships.Ivor MacGregorVice President, Operations, Sodexo Canada Ltd.
We’ve completed a number of projects though our FrontierMEDEX Tahltan Ltd. partnership since we became a partner back in 2007. It’s been extremely positive. TNDC has been terrific to work with and we’re looking forward to continuing to build the business partnership.Ryan SteilPast General Manger, Canada, FrontierMEDEX Canada Ltd.